Some 3rd party guides can be found listed on the LO Publications page
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#Base
but i agree with Dan that the Getting Started chapter about Base, the first 2 chapters of the
official guide
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreOffice_Base_Guide
and the Faq
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq
are probably the best places to start.

I think the  guide that you are thinking of, by Andrew Pitonyak, is his excellent macro guide?  I'm
not sure he has done one for Base but if he has and if we haven't listed it then it would be
excellent to add or if there are other guides by other people then they might be good to add too.
Some 3rd party guides cost money and/or if you want to buy the official LO guides in printed form
then they can be bought from Lulu (as linked to from the Publications page).