Please just click on accept and install the certificate even those MS claim it is dodgy.  It's
annoying that MS still haven't accepted our certificate into their store.

I take it that you use Internet Explorer as your default web-browser?  Have you ever tried Firefox
or any of the other choices out there?  FIrefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome and pretty much any other
web-browsers are far safer and faster than IE.  Although we sometimes argue amongst ourselves about
which is better than the others they are all FAR better than IE in my experience.

Internet Explorer is made by Microsoft and they are quite keen to get people to buy their newest
versions of their own Office Suite and dissuade people from using anything else.  Also IE appears
to have considerable trouble with all sorts of issues that most others would consider security risk
and it (IE) doesn't get updates out to people quickly enough to deal with problems.  Just as the
Eskimos have many words for snow and ice, so MS has many words for different sorts of security
issues.  MS keep their own store of certificate and use their own way of authenticating
certificates but that doesn't seem to help them become secure.  They block ones that are safe (such
as their rivals) and allegedly let through ones that aren't.

However, you can keep using IE if you want to.  It's also quite normal for people to have at least
2 web-browsers installed and maybe use each for different things or at different times.

Also you might find it better to install the 2nd package from the downloads page, the in-built
help.  Once downloaded you install it.  It 'needs' to be installed sometime after the initial
install of the main program but that could be a year or 2 later and after extensive use of LO.
There is no need to do it straight-away although most of us do them both at around the same time to
avoid forgetting to do so.

Since you are just starting out with LO you might find the full proper guides quite useful
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications
They do have an entire team working on those so they are sometimes a bit more up-to-date than the
in-built help.  It's good to have both but if they conflict then it's the Publications that are
more accurate.  There is also an Faq
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq
but you might find the courses at "Spoken Tutorials" are the best way to learn quickly and
thoroughly

http://www.spoken-tutorial.org/list_videos?view=1&foss=LibreOffice-Suite-Writer&language=English

Note they have a lot of different non-European languages but their English is surprisingly
impeccable and friendly.

So, my suggestions are;

1.  install and accept the certificate or else just install the in-built help that was also on the
downloads page but just accepting the certificate is the faster answer

2.  Quit using IE and use something safer, faster and more reliable.  Firefox, Opera, Safari,
Chrome seem to be the most popular (not necessarily in that order)
3.  install the Help package that was also on the downloads page.  This way you don't need to
connect to the internet to reach the help package each time you click F1
4.  Download the guides you need or want from the wiki.  I bought the "Getting Started Guide" and
will probably buy the "Base Handbook" too.

5.  Use http://www.spoken-tutorial.org to learn about how to use all sorts of OpenSource tools
(such as Firefox or Chrome as well as LibreOffice)