Thanks :)  I think back then the mailing list was trying to find out some of the parameters of the
problem or see if there was some weird misunderstanding that we could actually help with.  Internet
Explorer often does weird things and there might have been other weird stuff going on outside of
our control but that we might have been able to help fix.  Also it helps us get a clearer idea of
what needs to be mentioned in a bug-report, if it comes to that (and in this case it clearly has).

When you post a bug-report it's a lot like writing an email.  You can reply to it and add comments
later on.  So can other people.  So, don't even worry about making it perfect first time.  Just
write something really brief, like a business-email, to get straight to the point.

Maybe even deliberately leave details for a 2nd or subsequent comment and maybe make a rough table
of it, eg;
"
LibreOffice 4.1.1;
charity, slow internet, Windows, Firefox or Chrome (can't remember which)
work,     fast internet,  Windows, Firefox
home,   fast internet,   OSX,         Firefox or Chrome (can't remember which)

All usually have no problems with downloading installers.  Note that on OSX i was downloading the
Windows installer, NOT the Mac one.
"

That way when other people add comments you have already given them a nudge into giving mentioning
possibly useful factors and nudged them into laying them out clearly.  Also, other people might be
able to confirm factors you can't quite remember clearly now that so much time has passed.
Firefox, Safari and Chrome are all far better than Internet Explorer so it doesn't matter which you
used = just that it wasn't IE.  On the other hand the download really needs to work for IE too but
IE might be creating extra problems which might need to be sorted out separately.

Note that the bug-report guide was designed for problems while running LibreOffice so a lot of what
it asks for is clearly not relevant and for some things it's not clear.  You are not going to be
able to get an "strace" or run the process from the command-line to get extra feedback or any of
those sorts of things.  It might be more useful to know which country you are in, eg not China nor
Iran.  If it's not obviously needed or if you are not sure how to provide the information then just
leave it for a subsequent post to the bug-report's thread or perhaps ask them for help with getting
the info.

On the other hand this mailing list does frequently often go off-topic instead of focussing on the
original question.  So, many apols for that!

Good luck and regards from