From: Jay Lozier <jslozier@gmail.com>
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 7:35 AM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: LibreOffice is listed as an educational software for math

On 05/24/2012 07:53 AM, James Knott wrote:
Marc Paré wrote:
OK, I'm dating myself here, but, I was taught at the very last year
at my university where "punch cards" were still being used, and I
used to chat on beasts that spewed paper instead of drawing on
monitors, way back in 1976. I studied FORTRAN in 1980 so that I could
be with the up-and-coming in-crowd on campus ... only to find out
that they all switched that year to COBOL, DOH!

My first exposure was Fortran, in Gr. 12, where we used pencil mark
cards.  I then later had courses on BASIC, Pascal, Fortran and C.  I
also learned a bit of BASIC on my own and assembly language on the
8080, 6502, 6809 & 8088 microprocessors and Data General Nova &
Eclipse mini-computers.

This trip down memory lane makes one feeil old. Anyone remember
teletypes with punched tape?

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com

I used a teletype as well as an audio cassette tape to load and store from my first micro [kit?].
Microsoft BASIC was great!

Paul Schwartz