Lotus Symphony is different from LibreOffice (all versions) and Apache OpenOffice 3.4.  It forked
much farther back than OO.o 3.x, as well as I can tell.  Although it has unique features, it does
not appear to have kept up with OpenOffice.org and its descendants in other respects.

I just started a fresh Text document in Lotus Symphony 3.0.1 and tried a Save As ... .  The only
Microsoft Office formats I am offered are Microsoft Word 97-2003 (*.doc), Microsoft Word 97-2003
Template (*.dot), and Microsoft Rich Text Format (*.rtf).  The only other formats are .txt, .sxw,
.ott, and .odt. (There is an Export as PDF ... ).

The only file formats I can make the default for Save are "Open Document Format" (no version), and
"Microsoft Office 97-2003".  There are some other options for automatically converting from one to
another on load and save.

Lotus Symphony is going to end-of-life, with replacement by a Lotus packaging/customization of
Apache OpenOffice in the future.

The contribution of the non-Java Symphony-unique code to Apache OpenOffice is now under review.
My personal prediction (FWiW) is that not much of that will be seen until Apache OpenOffice 4.0.
There will be a 3.4.1 and perhaps progression to an AOO 3.5 before that.

 - Dennis