Managing Alfresco Files

I'm really embarrassed about this, but ... I went into Add Content while on the Writer-Working display, and uploaded Chapter 13. It apparently went somewhere, but I have no idea where! It belongs under Review with the other edited files, but I was never asked where to put it and I can't find it. What did I do wrong?

I can see it at the bottom of the list under "Review" on the Writer >
Working page in Alfresco.

Hal

OK, I went to the Review content display and tried from there, apparently successfully -- still don't know where the first upload went, but the file now appears in the Review content.

So I clicked on the next file I wanted to work on, Chapter 14. There was an action bar at the right with the first two being Edit Offline and Check Out. Since I wanted to check it out to edit offline, I selected the first action and the file downloaded. But now there appears to be no way to get back to the toolbar that includes the Check Out action. Sigh.

Sorry to be causing trouble here, but if you'll bear with me for a while, I'm sure I'm trainable!

I see it! It was added to Writer-Working. It is in the content items
of that space, never being placed in the workflow sub-spaces. My
thoughts are it needs to be deleted?

-- jdc

Yes, it's in the Review content now. where it belongs, so that copy is extra and should be deleted.

There's some documentation of the intended workflow happening, right? I promise I'll read it and avoid creating similar problems in the future!

Hi @all,

Barbara Duprey schrieb:

There's some documentation of the intended workflow happening, right?

would someone be so kind and send a link where to find this?

Karl-Heinz

Hi Karl-Heinz,

Hi @all,

Barbara Duprey schrieb:

> There's some documentation of the intended workflow happening, right?

would someone be so kind and send a link where to find this?

This documentation does not exist yet. Someone (Jeremy?) is writing this
document right now.

Sigrid

Working now! If not today, then by tomorrow the first draft should be
ready for review. :smiley:

-- jdc

Boy, do I ever need this! I finished updating Chapter 14, went into the Review content, and chose Add Content. The upload appeared to succeed, but the chapter did not appear in the folder (after a Reload). I went back to the Working level and saw two versions under Drafts, one saying {working copy). What I think happened next is I selected the (working copy) and said Done editing. The Drafts list then didn't show that copy any more, so I selected the active copy on the Drafts list and selected Submit for review. Now the original version of the chapter is apparently what is in the Review folder, and I can't seem to get my version in there at all. I can't upload because of the duplicate name, and I don't dare "delete all previous versions"!

Take it easy Barb ... we are all learning this stuff ... we'll get the hang
of it ...

:wink:

Rogerio

I'm not stressing about it, just somewhat embarrassed! Now I'm hesitant to check out another chapter, because I'm not sure when I got off track before. Ah, well....

I'm not stressing about it, just somewhat embarrassed! Now I'm hesitant to
check out another chapter, because I'm not sure when I got off track before.
Ah, well....

Go for it Barbara !!!

We all apreciate the effort :slight_smile:

Rogerio