Yes, the stable vs the pre-release is fairly common.  Would you market a pre-release by saying it's
only positive point is that it is "stable"?

The corporates being talked about are the ones whose main aims are outside of software development.
 Organisations such as hospitals, police forces, government agencies, stationery retailers,
accountancy firms, travel companies, events organisers.

LO is already made from a number of different organisations such as openSUSE, Google, Redhat,
Canonical (and on and on) who are able to get involved with writing code and taking LO in
directions they want to go in.

The structure is already quite formalised with those companies being on an "Advisory Board" which
is able to make recommendations and suggestions to the BoD.  There are restrictions on the
percentage of people on any of the boards being from any 1 organisation.  All that sort of thing is
pretty much done already although possibly some paper-work may need to be signed to cement the
agreements they have made.  TDF is not disorganised and has done a remarkable job of setting-up
excellently well in a very short time.

From: Cor Nouws <oolst@nouenoff.nl>
To: marketing@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Monday, 18 June, 2012, 11:21

Hi,

My customers hate (some) bugs as much as I and we all do. Still, they don't dump computers :-)

My customers want better compatibility with .docx, xlsx, and pptx.
They want a faster Calc, a Base that works, import of Visio, and so on.
They want a office suite that is preparing itself for the future and faster solving of bugs.
Guess what they want ..

It seems as if Tom doesn't know well enough what he is talking about.
Which if course is a pity when he is taking such strong positions on the marketing list.

Tom Davies wrote (18-06-12 11:59)
[...]

--  - Cor
 - http://nl.libreoffice.org