The 2nd link did not open for me either.

The first link gave me
"You text was corrected by <link href="text/shared/01/06040000.xhp"
name="Autocorrect">Autocorrect</link> so that single quotation marks were replaced by <link
href="text/shared/01/06040400.xhp" name="typographical quotation marks">typographical quotation
marks</link>."

ignoring the coding brackets for now that gives

"You text was corrected by Autocorrect so that single quotation marks were replaced by
typographical quotation marks."

The coding brackets are needed but whereas many text editors can colour-code them many email
clients can't.  I think there are slight errors in the original now that i can see the text.
Perhaps this would be better?

"Your text was corrected by "Autocorrect".  Single quotation marks (') were replaced by
typographical quotation marks (")."

I'm not hugely happy about the brackets i have added but thought it might help explain what the
sentance is talking about.  The use of the examples might just confuse things further though
because it might make various sorts of software think the end of the string is earlier than it
really is.  I don't know.  I suspect the original author would have included them if possible and
the fact they didn't suggests they might well make a mess.  If it messes things up or if you don't
like them then don't use them.