Ok, this is probably not what you are looking for but just to clear the idea out of the way ... Can
you just open the google-docs spreadsheet and save it onto your computer?  Then just
double-clicking on it should open it in Calc.

Google-docs uses the same native format as LO but both can save as .xls or .xlsX (MS formats) and
Google-docs might do that by default.  If Google-docs does that instead of saving in native .odS
then you can probably choose "OpenDocument Format" from Google-doc's "Save As ... " menu.
Double-clicking on the .ods almost definitely opens the file in Calc.

Alternatively if it has saved as .xls or .xlsX then right-click the file and choose "Open With" and
then try to find Calc or LibreOffice in that menu.  This approach is slightly different in
different OSes but is roughly the same in all except Apples.

A similar alternative is to open Calc (or just LibreOffice) and then drag&drop the file onto it.
This approach will definitely work whatever format it's in unless something really weird is going
on in which case tells us and we might be able to figure it out.

However i have a feeling that you don't want to download the file at all and just want LO to
dynamically read the Google-docs spreadsheet while other people are editing the google-docs
spreadsheet.  If so then i think there is a far better answer but it involves using Base at your
end and having a proper database on a server somewhere.

So, the question is do you want to do this with static data (as in my first 4 paragraphs), or
dynamically changing data?